Purpose of the Job
Capacitive Winding Machine Operator will set up, maintain, and operate an element winding machine inside of the clean room. The incumbent will ensure the constant and efficient winding machine activity following the engineering specification plans & adjusting the pressure/tension/alignment of the machine arbors with minimal levels of scrap, rejects and rework, while maintaining quality and safety standards.
Position report directly to team leader. Position interacts daily with numerous levels of management; contract administrators, supervisors, product line managers, engineering, maintenance and other plant personnel to achieve daily task.
- Set up & operate element winding machine by loading foil, paper & film rolls following the technical specifications.
- Execute constant checks on the elements based on defined quality criteria’s as small as 1/32 inches.
- Execute manual checks & alignment of the machines considering the pressure/tension/alignment of the arbors.
- Operate a small press machine & execute small soldering operations.
- Handle small manual/delicate material towards the elements production along the machine operation.
- Carry out production, inspection and operation duties per drawings and specifications
- Reads drawings, Bill of material & execute the taping of the elements winding production based on the specifications.
- Check output to spot any operations-related mistakes or flaws based on step-by-step sheet.
- Keep records of approved and defective units or final products & report daily to team lead the output.
- Comply with all requirements of internal documents relating to safety, health and environmental protection & usage the right ppes;
- Aim for continuous improvement and customer satisfaction of the company in all operations under its responsibility;
GED or High School Diploma with a minimum of one year machine operating experience in a manufacturing or production environment
• Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
• Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations as they relate to machine operation.
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
• Ability to read and interpret blue prints, schematics and manuals
• Proven manual tools experience
• Attention to detail
• Teamwork and communication skills
Working Conditions (Industrial/Environmental)
• Must be able to work standing for up for long periods of time
• Saturday and/or Sunday work may be required.