Perform welding on most equipment fabricated at this manufacturing location while learning to be proficient in all equipment. Learn to tack and fit as needed in the shop. Pass AWS D1.1 welding qualifications while also passing AWS D14.6 if it applies to their shop. This will be a stepping stone to Welder 1.
Education: A combination of training and welding experience is required for this position. High School diploma preferable
Experience: Improving ability to consistently produce high quality welds on all fabricated components.
- Review project assignment/instructions from Team Leader
- Review drawings and welding details for this job.
- Participate in tier meetings
- Obtain understanding of task and develop action plan
- Set up welding machine and other required equipment
- Weld assemblies per the required standards
- Insure work meets quality standards
- Practice safety in all aspects of the job
Look for Safety Issues with equipment and processes
Participate in Safety improvement programs