1st shift 5am-1:30pm ($16-$19)
OVERVIEW: Perform a variety of duties to prepare and formulate batches in accordance with specified ranges.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work from formulas, written or verbal instructions.
- Plan sequence of operations for a variety of first time and repeat formula requirements.
- Set up and perform routine operations including inventory verification, loading, mixing, pumping, packaging, & maintaining formulation specifications.
- Read and understand formula, use proper equipment specified and inspect batch and raw material quality during process.
- Resolve and/or bring any problems to attention of Department Supervisor.
- Complete batch and perform final inspections with Quality Control Department.
- Perform all formulation requirements for testing, sampling, drawing-off, packaging and storing.
- Maintain established quality and quantity standards.
- Follow prescribed safety precautions, established company and department policies, procedures, rules and regulations.
- Detect and report improper operations, faulty equipment, defective materials and questionable conditions to Department Supervisor.
- Maintain work area(s) and equipment in a clean, orderly and safe condition.
- Maintain daily production and formulation records as required and return completed formulas to QC Department in a timely manner.
- Review department SOPs with Department Supervisor.
- Perform other related duties as required.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS and ABILITIES
- Basic reading and math skills sufficient to allow accurate execution of batch tickets and procedures.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, and TRAINING:
- Minimum education High School diploma.
- Some secondary or vocational training, or equivalent experience desired.
- Train as per Water base category in Procedure # SAFETY-TRAIN training grid.
- Retrain every 3 years in Hazardous Waste Handling.
- Use hand tools, small power tools, scales, pumps, valves, mixer controls, fork lift and drum handling equipment.
- Lift 50 pounds on a repetitive basis without mechanical assistance.
- Lift up to 650 pounds with mechanical assistance.