This position is responsible for performing all aspects of warehouse functions for a branch operation in a safe, efficient, and timely manner. A moderate level of supervision is provided for the Warehouse Assistant I job.
- Performs general warehouse duties – Fills orders in a timely manner by operating warehouse equipment and machinery including operating a fork lift, computing and optimizing yields, and cutting material to size. Loads
and unloads delivery trucks as needed, and uses SAP and other tools to receive and ship materials. Processes operational activities in SAP through work orders and prepares proper documentation including transfer
orders, bills of lading, delivery notes, work orders, call tags for nonconforming material and others as required.
- Maintain inventory accuracy – Maintains accurate inventory levels in SAP by correctly filling orders, organizing the material in the warehouse and conducting regular inventory counts.
- Notifies the Purchasing Department of materials that appear to be out of stock and or under or over supply.
Provide high level of quality and customer service – Provides a high level of customer service for both internal and external customers, displaying a high sense of urgency. Verifies conformance of products to
specifications by following quality guidelines including the use of proper measuring devices, inspection of incoming and outgoing material for quality, and documentation through the quality process.
- Safety and Continuous Improvement – Participates in continuous improvement activities including submitting ideas to help drive improvement. Follows company safety policies and procedures and looks for ways to
improve safety in the facility.
- Troubleshooting Resolves warehouse and production issues, completes preventative maintenance, troubleshoots malfunctions, and performs minor repairs as needed.
- Communicates errors in product, equipment, and other issues that may arise in fulfilling orders.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Job Specific Requirements
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office. Proficient in SAP, or similar system is a plus.
- Forklift certification.
- Basic reading, writing, and arithmetic skills.
- Must be eligible to access and review export controlled materials in compliance with U.S. export control laws.