Job Title: Technical Writer, Corporate Training
Your ability to analyze complex information comes naturally and makes it easy for you to communicate in a way that is simple for others to understand! As the Technical Writer, you will create documentation in the form of user guides, integration guides and in-platform instructions. You may also develop “frequently asked questions”, instruction manuals, how-to guides, and other supporting documents for our EXOS platform. The ideal incumbent will have outstanding communication and writing skills and will take initiative to identify what is needed, offer practical solutions and get the job done. This position will report to the Vice President of Corporate Training and work closely with our EXOS Tech Team.
*This is a temporary, project-based role.
**Please Note: All candidates will be required to provide a writing sample as part of the consideration process.
A DAY IN THE LIFE
In this role, you will…
·Create exceptional documentation in the form of user guides, technical overviews, in-platform instructions, installation/configuration instructions and system operations.
· Create client resources and educational materials, including videos, demos, tutorials, training materials, guided tours, general & technical overview and FAQs.
· Identify use case to establish consistent format for creating templates, documenting processes and workflows
· Collaborate with internal teams including Corporate Training and EXOS Technical Team to asses documentation needs
· Communicate daily with stakeholders and peers using Microsoft Teams collaboration features including video conferencing
WHO YOU ARE
You possess …
·Ownership. You practice accountability and have the ability to thrive in an independent, work from home environment.
· Balance. You are able to take direction from multiple contributors and appreciate all perspectives.
· Adaptability. You can quickly pivot and change gears at a moment’s notice without missing a beat.
·Curiosity. Eager to learn, you are comfortable asking questions even when you think you know the right answer.
· Technical Aptitude. You are able to quickly learn and apply new technical concepts and tools.
· Experience. You have a strong background in owning an end-to-end documentation creation process for technical systems.
·Create exceptional documentation in the form of user guides, technical overviews, in-platform instructions, installation/configuration instructions and system operations
· Create client resources and educational materials, including videos, demos, tutorials, training materials, guided tours, general & technical overview and FAQs
· Independently gather information to write, edit and revise content that is both engaging and accessible to user personas from non-technical end users to technical programmers, system administrators, and integrators
· Adapt rapidly to changing goals and be able to adjust responsibilities, time, and objectives accordingly
· Collaborate with internal teams including Corporate Training and EXOS Technical Team to asses documentation needs and validate existing process documentation and workflow
· Format documentation in accordance with department and company brand-standard guides, including standardized templates and instructions using a variety of content library, standard office and desktop publishing software
· Integrate use case and functional data into user documentation and practical examples
· Manage to deadlines; ensure documents are produced on time
· All other duties as assigned
· Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, journalism, english or related field, with emphasis in technical writing; or equivalent work experience
· Experience in the mortgage or finance industrystrongly preferred
· Experience writing documentation and procedural materials for multiple audiences
· Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
· Ability to work independently with minimal direction and to meet deadlines
· Excellent analytical skills and the ability to convert information and needs into step by step procedures
· Demonstrated ability to accurately document information provided verbally
· Ability to work collaboratively with peers, company managers and customers in a team environment to obtain common goals
· Advanced MS Office skills and proficiency is required.