Shift: First or Second
Purpose of the Job:
Paper Tearing Operator will set up, maintain, and operate tearing workstation. The incumbent will ensure the constant and efficient paper tearing activity following the engineering specification plans & with minimal levels of scrap, rejects and rework, while maintaining quality and safety standards.
- Set up the tearing workstation by loading sub-assembly winding material into the tearing workstation & guide blades of the tearing station based on working instructions.
- Tearing paper based on engineering specification plans using craft skills, glue application & measurement tools.
- Carry out production, inspection and operation duties per drawings and specifications
- Reads drawings, Bill of material & execute the tearing of the paper based on the specifications.
- Check output to spot any operations-related mistakes or flaws based on step-by-step sheet.
- Keep records of approved and defective units or final products & report daily to team lead the output.
- Comply with all requirements of internal documents relating to safety, health and environmental protection & usage the right ppes;
- Aim for continuous improvement and customer satisfaction of the company in all operations under its responsibility;
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to learn & follow standard procedures related to winding operations (safety, maintenance, operations & quality)
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations as they relate to machine operation & communicate to direct leadership.
- Stamina, ability to work standing during the shift period & ability to do repetitive tasks.
Working Conditions (Industrial/Environmental)
Saturday and/or Sunday work may be required.