Comtech Industries is seeking laborers to assist with water storage tank construction in the oil and
The desired individual(s) will be required to perform construction labor work erecting bolted steel tanks while working at heights up to 36 feet off the ground. Work is performed in man lifts while wearing a safety harness.
The work is very labor intensive and involves rigging, tank panel placement, fastening, bolt tightening, and general labor activities.
Prior experience operating and maintaining forklifts, man lifts, materials handling equipment, rigging, and safe driving courses desired.
Requirements – Qualifications/Skills/Education
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
- Ability and willingness to work approximately 50-60 hours per week including weekends and night shifts. Most work is located in SW Pennsylvania, northern West Virginia, and eastern Ohio.
- Overnight travel for extended periods will be required and per diem will be provided.
- Willingness to work flexible hours
- Must be able to stand for extended periods, in all weather conditions, lift 50 pounds and walk up and down stairs and ladders
- Strong team player with effective organizational skills and ability to communicate effectively
Preferred experience but not required:
- Heavy construction experience is a plus
- Basic knowledge of safety processes and regulations in the oil and gas field is a plus
- Safeland certification or OSHA 10 card preferred
- Any management or supervisory experience
- Individual may also be requested on occasion to assist in Comtech water treatment activities in NE
- Pennsylvania or other local activities in the oil and gas industry which may also require overnight travel.