USA Staffing Solutions is a technology-driven company with a passion for helping people. We use speed, technology, and grit to connect quality candidates to quality companies. We are currently actively hiring for two Civil Engineers: Site/Civil Engineer and a Civil Project Engineer.
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance Policy
- 401k Retirement Plan
- Plus more!
Pay: Competitive based on experience
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Job Type: Permanent – Full-time – Remote/Hybrid option upon completion of training (MUST LIVE IN THE PITTSBURGH LOCATION)
The Site Civil Engineers will be responsible for the complete design of commercial and residential projects
- Collaborate with Senior Engineers on Land Development construction drawing packages
- Perform grading w/ AutoCAD Civil 3D and stormwater management calculations with Hydroflow or similar software
- Preparation and completion of E&S control plans and NPDES permit packages
- Researching zoning codes and ordinance requirements for project sites
- Assistance with Project and Production Managers to ensure project deadlines are met
- Coordination with municipalities, utility companies and other public regulatory agencies
- Preparation of project technical reports and specifications
- 2 or more years of Site Design experience
- A professional engineer's license in Pennsylvania or Ohio is preferred, but not required.
Civil Project Engineer
Job Type: Permanent – Full-time- ONSITE
USA Staffing Solutions is seeking a talented Project Engineer / Senior Project Engineer that will utilize leadership and engineering skills to perform design tasks and manage support staff. A Project Engineer / Senior Project Engineer is responsible for various technical aspects of land development projects including, but not limited to: site feasibility and conceptual planning, detailed grading, stormwater management design and review, Erosion & Sedimentation Pollution Control (E&SPC) Best Management Practices (BMPs) review, Post-Construction Stormwater Management (PCSM) BMP design review, and other regulatory report writing. A Project Engineer / Senior Project Engineer will work within AutoCAD Civil 3D as well as other engineering software to review other team member’s designs, in order to successfully complete projects within established budgets and deadlines.
- Ensuring technical accuracy, use of standard engineering practices, and inclusion of appropriate documentation on various plans, reports, and design documents.
- Perform site investigations & due diligence including the review of ordinances, utility service research, outside agency regulations, and field observations to establish comprehensive development guidelines.
- Preparation of concept plans based upon client’s development objectives and conclusions of due diligence.
- Hold a leadership role in the review and design of stormwater management & stormwater conveyance systems including use of AutoCAD Civil 3D and other stormwater design software in coordination with other team members.
- Assist in the technical review of design tasks, such as detailed grading and drainage designs associated with civil engineering construction projects to ensure value engineering is achieved through earthwork analysis and site safety is accomplished.
- Design of utility systems including stormwater conveyance, sanitary sewer service, pump station design, water, gas, telephone service, etc., including the determination and resolution of vertical and horizontal utility conflicts that may exist.
- Prepare and/or review stormwater management calculations, including detention basin design, inlet and pipe capacities, profiles, etc.
- Identify problems, evaluate alternatives, and recommend solutions to peers and management.
- Assist in the technical review of PADEP Chapter 102 and Chapter 105 permits, including: NPDES permits, General Permits, and other technical aspects of the regulatory permitting process.
- Able to work independently, as well as lead other engineers in a team environment.
- Ensure the company’s standard AutoCAD procedures for layering, details, etc. are utilized.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering
- Engineer-in-Training (EIT) Certification, required
- 4-8 years of civil engineering experience
- Experience in land development, required