The individual in this role will be responsible for inspecting, maintaining and fixing customers Data Center cooling systems. Candidates should have extensive experience handling, installing, and fixing HVAC equipment, and be comfortable working with little to no supervision. Job requires afterhours service support with monthly on-call schedules.
- Maintain and repair Computer Room Air Conditioning Equipment.
- Provide Factory Warranty Inspections of new units deployed in the field.
- Diagnose and repair of electronic, mechanical and electrical components of these systems.
- Travel to job sites in service area, and work with dispatch to ensure schedule is maintained and delays are properly communicated to customer.
- Be available to work nights or weekends, on a rotating basis, to service emergency needs of our customers.
- Maintain good working order of company vehicle including refueling as necessary, reporting any mechanical issues, and filling out and submitting monthly vehicle inspection form. Vehicles should be washed on a regular basis.
- Maintain proper stock, parts, tools, and safety equipment in the vehicle.
- Obtain customer signature at completion of job. Obtain correct customer information including email address.
- Document all installed equipment upon arrival: make, model, serial number, necessary test measurements, and pictures as necessary.
- Diagnose diverse service issues, obtain any replacement parts, calibrate system to manufacturer’s recommendations, and explain fully to customer what the issue is and what is needed to correct.
- Participate in company provided training opportunities on latest industry technologies.
- Identify and report to service manager potential opportunities for additional business (newer system, service contracts, and additional services).
- Maintain professional appearance.
- All other duties as assigned by manager.
Qualifications and Job Requirements:
- Three to Five years’ experience in installation, maintenance, and troubleshooting and correcting diverse HVAC service issues.
- Good analytical skills and attention to detail with ability to read and interpret blueprints, plans, and manuals.
- Excellent customer service skills with desire to exceed customer expectations.
- Ability to work independently in a timely manner, making sure job is done correctly the first time.
- 2 year Technical Degree
- 3 years
Required License or Certification:
- Driver's License
- Back Ground
- Drug Screen
- Frequently required to bend, stoop, crouch, reach, handle tools and lift in excess of 80lbs. of material
- Climb Ladders
- Use of Hand Cart
- Use of Forklift
- Inside 50%
- Outside 50%
- Working at Heights in excess of 50 ft.