Pay: $47,000-$64,000/year based on experience
Location: Piqua, Ohio
The Purchasing Agent will be responsible for the procurement of materials and commodities to meet day-to-day requirements. The Purchasing Agent coordinates his or her efforts with other Purchasing Agents and Management in order to maintain the appropriate level to meet sales demands. The Purchasing Agent will report directly to the Materials/Purchasing Supervisor.
The ideal candidate will also have experience in supplier development and quality control processes with suppliers. In this role, the Purchasing Agent should be able to critically assess suppliers, products, and services, and negotiate the best possible deals.
- Reviews requisitions.
- Selects new vendors based on purchasing work instructions.
- Experience with the purchasing of outside machining work.
- Confers with vendors to obtain product or service information such as price, availability, and delivery schedule.
- Selects products for purchase. Typical parts and services purchased include castings, steel, electrical and hydraulic components, gears, bearings, and fabrications.
- Prepares purchase orders or requests for quotes (RFQ).
- Reviews quotes and determines best fit based on cost, delivery, product quality & performance.
- Discusses defective or unacceptable goods or services with inspection or quality control personnel, users, vendors, and others to determine source of trouble and take corrective action.
- Approves invoices for payment.
- Expedites delivery of goods to users.
- Responsible for procurement and purchasing activities on assigned projects/vendors.
- Prepares, reviews and issues purchase orders.
- Communicates with Sales, Project Managers, and Manufacturing Manager regarding deliveries and issues.
- Maintain records of all transactions, purchase orders, and invoices.
- Scheduling and verifying purchase deliveries.
- Developing and building positive, long-term supplier relations.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Degree in Business Administration, Procurement, or a related field preferred.
- 3 years purchasing experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Familiarity with ERP and inventory management systems.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills.
- Effective attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy.
- Exposure to ISO 9001 quality practices and procedures.
- Strong organization and documentation skills.