Join our Civil/Site team and build your career alongside the best our industry has to offer. Whether facilitating a large warehousing complex, all-star sporting arena, residential development, or planning a mixed-use establishment in a downtown business district, joining will accelerate YOUR success!
- company paid medical, dental, and vision coverage
- paid pregnancy disability leave
- short- and long-term disability insurance
- life insurance
- a company-matched 401(k)/Roth
- paid time off that includes parental and military leave
- employee referral and professional license bonuses
- a straight time policy that compensates exempt employees for billable hours worked in excess of 40 billable hours within a work week.
Location: Pittsburgh, PA.
USA Staffing Solutions is seeking a talented Project Engineer / Senior Project Engineer that will utilize leadership and engineering skills to perform design tasks and manage support staff. A Project Engineer / Senior Project Engineer is responsible for various technical aspects of land development projects including, but not limited to: site feasibility and conceptual planning, detailed grading, stormwater management design and review, Erosion & Sedimentation Pollution Control (E&SPC) Best Management Practices (BMPs) review, Post-Construction Stormwater Management (PCSM) BMP design review, and other regulatory report writing. A Project Engineer / Senior Project Engineer will work within AutoCAD Civil 3D as well as other engineering software to review other team member’s designs, in order to successfully complete projects within established budgets and deadlines.
- Ensuring technical accuracy, use of standard engineering practices, and inclusion of appropriate documentation on various plans, reports, and design documents.
- Perform site investigations & due diligence including the review of ordinances, utility service research, outside agency regulations, and field observations to establish comprehensive development guidelines.
- Preparation of concept plans based upon client’s development objectives and conclusions of due diligence.
- Hold a leadership role in the review and design of stormwater management & stormwater conveyance systems including use of AutoCAD Civil 3D and other stormwater design software in coordination with other team members.
- Assist in the technical review of design tasks, such as detailed grading and drainage designs associated with civil engineering construction projects to ensure value engineering is achieved through earthwork analysis and site safety is accomplished.
- Design of utility systems including stormwater conveyance, sanitary sewer service, pump station design, water, gas, telephone service, etc., including the determination and resolution of vertical and horizontal utility conflicts that may exist.
- Prepare and/or review stormwater management calculations, including detention basin design, inlet and pipe capacities, profiles, etc.
- Identify problems, evaluate alternatives, and recommend solutions to peers and management.
- Assist in the technical review of PADEP Chapter 102 and Chapter 105 permits, including: NPDES permits, General Permits, and other technical aspects of the regulatory permitting process.
- Able to work independently, as well as lead other engineers in a team environment.
- Ensure the company’s standard AutoCAD procedures for layering, details, etc. are utilized.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering
- Professional Engineer (PE) License, preferred
- Engineer-in-Training (EIT) Certification, required
- 4-8 years of civil engineering experience
- Experience in land development, required
- Demonstrated AutoCAD Civil 3D skills with the ability to design from concept plans through construction plans
- Ability to interact well with coworkers, clients, and regulatory agencies
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Attention to detail with analytical and judgment capabilities
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Knowledge of local city, county, and state land use processes and regulations (PA)
- Proficiency in technical skills in stormwater management, hydraulics, hydrological analysis, grading, and other site development related designs