Perform machining and measuring operations that are within the scope of operations for all the available equipment.
Education: A combination of training and strong machining experience is required for this position. High School diploma or GED required.
Skills: Read and understand Robinson detail drawings, blue prints, machining procedures, and shop travelers. Fluent in English, working with written and verbal communication. Advanced machining skills.
- Review project assignment/instructions from Team Leader
- Review drawings and machining requirements for job
- Obtain understanding of task and develop action plan
- Set up machine and other required equipment
- Supervise machines and make any adjustments to produce better results
- Insure work meets quality standards
- Assist Machinist 2 to improve his/her knowledge and skill levels
- Consistently look for ways to eliminate waste and improve processes
- Practice safety in all aspects of job
- Look for safety issues with equipment and processes
- Participate in safety improvement programs
- Participate in tier meetings