It is the responsibility of the Machine Tool Operator to operate various machines, lathes, drill presses, milling, CN, CMM, and tool pre-setter machines in order to provide components for manufactured products, in addition to using appropriate gauges and measurement equipment as required.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Operates various CNC machines, lathes, drill presses, CNC milling machines in the machine shop to provide components for manufactured products.
• Performs machine set-ups, tool changes, tool offsets and minor maintenance as requested. Will perform cellular machining concept when needed. Gages and deburrs parts according to Schroeder Industries standards. • Understands and uses CNC set-up instructions and CNC programs where applicable. • Works according to work orders, engineering drawings and tooling, material and machine specifications; pulls work orders as required, including kits, fixtures, tooling, gages and deburring tools needed for production. • Responsible for maintenance of some fixtures and tooling and notifying Machine Shop Supervisor or Team Lead about any damaged fixtures or tooling.
•Maintains adequate inventory of tooling based on established minimum inventory requirements.
• Cross trains on different job tasks within the department.
• Works overtime as required.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED) is required.
• Minimum of six month of job experience working in a machine shop (using manual and CNC machines) is preferred.
• Experience in fluid power industry and/or manufacturing environment is preferred.
Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to interpret a variety of instructions in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
Certificates and Licenses:
• Completion of a Pennsylvania State registered Journeyman CNC