First Shift: 6am- 4pm
• Forms and shapes material.
• Operates lathes, drill presses, mills, routers, grinding machines, duplicating, and profile machines
• Works from drawings and written instructions to create replacement and new parts in making repairs to metal parts
• Work is diversified and machining is performed to ordinary tolerances.
• Requires knowledge of various metals and of measurements used in machining processes.
• Determines dimensions and tolerances of piece to be machined, sequence of operations and machines required by studying specifications, such as blueprints, sketches, damaged parts or descriptions of parts
• Computes cutting speeds, feed rates and dimensions
• Prepares and pre-sets all tools needed for machining operations
• Inspects machined work pieces to verify conformance to specifications
• Performs housekeeping of machine and work area
• Daily maintenance check of machine
• Other work may be assigned at Management’s discretion.
|Education High School or Equivalent |
Related Work Experience Two to Three Years
Certifications Crane/Forklift. In house training provided to obtain certification. Driver’s license.
Tools/Equipment Used Inside and Outside Micrometers, Depth Micrometer, Calipers, Bore Gages, other General Hand Tools