The contractor will be responsible for verifying the quality of supplier materials which include inspection of routine materials, first article samples, cost of non-quality, production support, new DT development, etc.
• Inspects supplied parts used in the manufacture of high-voltage switchgear (including fabricated or mechanical parts, equipment and/or assemblies of a complex nature) using inspection tools such as calipers, micrometers, depth gauges, hardness testers and various go/no-go gauges. Performs off-site inspection as needed.
• Evaluates supplied parts against known standards (such as engineering drawings and applicable technical specifications) and dispositions accordingly. Must be able to interpret mechanical drawings, electrical drawings and schematics.
• Uses the Company’s electronic document control system to access necessary technical drawings, specifications, and or procedures.
• Uses the Company’s electronic non-conformance tracking system to document non-conformances. Documents all non-conformances relative to supplied material (i.e. supplier non-conformance, engineering error, internal damage, obsolete part, etc.).
• Utilizes the Company’s electronic engineering action request system to initiate necessary drawing and or design changes resulting from the incoming inspection process.
• Analyze data (involving supplied materials) obtained from the Company’s electronic non-conformance tracking system as directed by the Supplier Quality Manager for purposes of improvement.
• Ensures that necessary records are received from the Supplier. Reviews records for accuracy and files documentation accordingly.
• Supports the Purchasing department and communicates with the Supplier regarding nonconforming material. Follows-up on corrective action to ensure continuous improvement.
• Prepares and maintains routine inspection documentation.
• Performs first article inspection on new and/or prototype parts and documents according to established procedures. Confers with technical personnel as necessary.
• Performs other duties as necessary or assigned.
• High School Diploma, GED, Vocational Technical School
• One or more years’ experience as a dimensional inspector
• Must be able to use inspection instruments such as micrometers, calipers, go gages, etc.
• Must be able to interpret mechanical drawings
• Must have computer skills and basic knowledge of Microsoft Office (word, ppt, excel, etc.)
• ASQ Certification
• Associates Degree in a Technical Field