We are located north of Pittsburgh PA and seeking to hire an experienced CONSTRUCTION ESTIMATOR with a background in Design/Build Construction in the Commercial, Healthcare and Mission Critical facilities. This is an immediate start, full-time, salary based position. This position will offer a competitive compensation package with a performance-based incentive program, including a comprehensive health and benefit package, and excellent growth potential.
An experienced Construction Estimator will be able to prepare a comprehensive construction budget from design document in various stages of completion. The Estimator must be well-versed in all construction methodologies and procedures and able to coordinate a team of professionals of different disciplines to achieve the best results.
We specialize in a design build approach that assembles a highly motivated and qualified team of engineers, architects and subcontractors to deliver the best possible result to the ownership group. We strive to build great relationships with our employees, clients, architects/engineers and subcontractors. Our approach has allowed us to be the exclusive contractor for many of our clients. We understand to be a great organization it takes the resources of the best and brightest talent to build some of the most challenging projects.
• Solicit, develop, and maintain relationships with subcontractors, equipment vendors and material suppliers.
• Review all project design documents and assess risk
• Prepare a construction cost estimates and budgets for projects in various stages of design.
• Complete material and labor quantity take offs
• Create Scopes of Work and Bid Packages for the various trades and construction disciplines.
• Identify long lead material items
• Submit Request for Information to clarify questions with the design documents.
• Propose means and methods of constructability and suggest cost savings solutions.
• Have an awareness to identify potential problems on the project and present creative solutions to solve such issues.
• Review subcontractor proposals for compliance with the scope of work and design documents
• Participate in Subcontractor Scope Reviews.
• Review post award subcontract document agreements and assist in final subcontract negotiation.
• Help develop new business and opportunities.
• A Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or 10 or more years’ experience in commercial construction.
• In-depth understanding of construction procedures and material and project management principles
Be able to present a credible, confident, positive image of oneself and the company during oral presentations to clients, designers and others. • Capable of addressing difficult issues with problem-solving techniques and solutions.
• Be able to effectively use various computer programs, including but not limited to Excel, Word, Microsoft Project, Adobe Acrobat, Procore, Sage 100 and Sage 300.
• Ability to manage several complex projects concurrently.
Experience in data centers and high reliability facilities, with an understanding of their specialized MEP system is a plus.
• 401K with Employer Matching
• Profit Sharing
• Performance-Based Incentive Program
• Dental Reimbursement
• Paid Holidays
• Company Issued Laptop, Smart Phone and IPAD