USA Staffing Solutions is a technology-driven company with a passion for helping people. We use speed, technology, and grit to connect quality candidates to quality companies.
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance Policy
- 401k Retirement Plan
Shift: Monday – Friday 7:30am-3:30pm
Location: Crafton, PA
Must have a high school diploma or equivalent. Must be able read and write English. Must have and maintain a state-issued driver’s license and have an impeccable driving record. Must possess a DOT physical card or be able to pass a DOT physical within 14 days of hire. Must be able to sit/drive for a full 8-hour shift.
Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs and reach for product from ground level to approx. 6 ft high. Must be able to utilize pick ladders, push carts, hand truck (dollies) and other pick-assisting equipment. Must be able to utilize hand-held computers and read information from a 3.5” screen. Must be able to stand and walk and for a full 8-hour shift.
Forklift experience and previous certification is desired but not required; ability to learn how to operate a forklift required. Previous warehouse experience a plus. Knowledge of 5S and Lean methodologies a plus.
The Delivery Driver (DD) is responsible for delivering customer orders utilizing non-CDL straight (box) trucks. The DD works under the supervision of the warehouse management team consisting of a Warehouse Manager, and Team Leads.
The DD conducts pre-route inspections ensuring their assigned vehicle is in good working order. The DD ensures the vehicle is loaded in accordance with DOT regulations and so that loads will not shift in transit. The DD ensures all required Supervisors paperwork is present prior to departure. The DD drives their assigned route as planned in a safe and efficient manner. The DD offloads product at customer facilities and moves product to a customer-designated location utilizing material handling equipment (i.e. dollies, pallet jacks, etc.) The DD gathers customer signatures and/or photographs delivered product as proof of delivery. The DD gathers customer returns and delivers back to the warehouse. The DD conducts post-route vehicle inspections and minor maintenance (i.e. washing, fueling, etc.). The DD may engage in other driving activities as assigned such as vehicle pick-ups and drop-offs.
When driving routes are complete, or no delivery route is assigned for the day, the DD functions as a Warehouse Associate and participates in all warehousing activities such as receiving, put-away, picking, packing, shipping, counting, cleaning, etc. The DD performs all other tasks as assigned.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Teamwork and Attendance
- Works in a warehouse team to fulfill business objectives regarding inventory movement and control.
- Reports to work for assigned shift and start time in assigned uniform; punctuality and reliability are essential.
- Adheres to company policies especially department Time and Attendance policy.
2. Pre-Route Departure
- Conducts pre-use inspection of assigned vehicle; logs deficiencies and reports them to supervisor.
- Ensures vehicle is loaded in compliance with DOT regulations such that load is secured and will not shift in transit. Ensures total hazmat material, if any, is below requirements for placarding. Ensures the load is packed in delivery route order; ensures product for each stop is clearly marked and segregated.
- Ensures appropriate material handling equipment (dollies, pallet jacks, etc.) is present on vehicle before departure.
- Ensures all required paperwork is present and in compliance with DOT regulations including driver’s license, registration cards, insurance cards, route manifests, packing slips, special instructions, contact numbers, etc. Ensures delivery manifest total weight is under maximum GVWR for assigned vehicle.
- Fuels vehicle to ensure minimal enroute delays. Uses and safeguards company fuel cards and assigned driver PIN in accordance with acceptable use policies.
3. Route Driving
- Operates 16’ to 26’ straight trucks (box/dry van trucks) up to 26,000 lbs GVWR.
- Drives assigned delivery route in an efficient and safe manner. Obeys all traffic control devices, state laws and DOT regulations.
- Engages with customers’ staff in a professional and courteous manner.
- Unloads product at customer facilities. Moves material into a customer designated area within SAL policies.
- Collects signatures from customer and ensures customer inspects shipment prior to departure. Photographs delivered material if required as proof of delivery.
- Collects product for customer returns and ensures appropriate RMA paperwork is present.
- Collects payments from customers as needed. Safeguards payments and turns them into warehouse leadership team.
4. Post-Route Tasks
- Fuels vehicle and conducts post-route inspection. Reports vehicle deficiencies to supervisor.
- Performs other driving task as needed such as vehicle pick-ups/drop-offs, non-inventory pick-ups, etc.
- Ensures returned product is delivered to appropriate internal department with required paperwork.
- Receives transferred product into inventory.
- Functions as a Warehouse Associate if all driving-related tasks are complete. Drivers focus on order picking and ensuring their next-day delivery route is picked and staged. If driver is not assigned any routes, driver will participate in all warehousing activities as assigned.