DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Calculations and checking of calculations.
Problem solving as it relates to all types of field issues.
Administrative and supervisory duties on projects of all sizes.Preparation and review of construction engineering estimates.
· Manage and supervise electrical aspects of the assigned electrical design team.
· Knowledge of NFPA codes and standards with in-depth knowledge of the National Electric Code.
· Knowledge of cable sizing and application of wiring methods.
· Specifying and applying electrical power system components.
· Interface with client’s project team.
SKILLS AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS
A B.S. degree in Electrical Engineering or Electrical Engineering Technology with five years of related experience and competency. Must have knowledge and experience with industrial electrical installations and power systems. Knowledge of electrical construction methods, familiarity with heavy industrial applications and E.I.T. / P.E. registration a plus.
This person should have some of the skills listed below.
· Understanding of industrial Electrical design process.
· Proficient AutoCAD and/or 3D Design and/or Autocad Electrical
· Associate Degree in a technical discipline or related experience.
· Experience with the following tasks
· Reading conduit and cable schedules
· locating Electrical Equipment and devices on General Arrangements
· Experience in laying out power equipment
· Experience with raceway design (Cable Tray and Conduit)
· Experience with implementing design of Control systems.
· Experience with layout out schematics and wiring diagrams.
· Experience with developing Loop and Termination drawings.
· Knowledge of NFPA standards and the National Electric Code.
· Knowledge of power distribution