USA Staffing Solutions is a technology-driven company with a passion for helping people. We use speed, technology, and grit to connect quality candidates to quality companies.
Job Type: Permanent Hire
Location: Canonsburg, PA
Benefits: Full health and life insurance program. a 401(k) plan with a 25% match up to 10% contribution. You will start with 16 PTO.
The Electrical Design Engineer will contribute to the Electrical Design Team’s projects and will be given the opportunity to begin projects independently based on their skills and experience. The successful candidate will possess the ability to complete basic design calculations and develop electrical installation plans according to the NFPA codes and standards with in-depth knowledge of the National Electric Code.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for performing and reviewing calculations for electrical system designs.
- Responsible for documenting specifications, schematics, and diagrams regarding assigned projects, and may also be required to produce reports addressing project progress and other details for managerial staff.
- Responsible for specifying and applying electrical power systems components.
- Reviews design development for conformance with all applicable codes, utilizing engineering standards along with good engineering practices.
- Responsible for cable sizing and application of wiring methods.
- Performs problem solving as it relates to potential issues in the field.
- Prepares and reviews construction engineering estimates.
- Ensures that installations and applications are in line with customer needs and safety standards.
- Manages and supervises the electrical aspects of the assigned electrical design team.
- Performs administrative and supervisory duties on projects of all sizes.
- Prepares electrical project schedules.
- Interfaces with the clients’ project teams.
- Must have knowledge and experience with industrial electrical installations and power systems.
- Knowledge of electrical construction methods, familiarity with heavy industrial applications and E.I.T. / P.E. registration a plus.
- Advanced mathematical skills for calculation of design equations.
- Excellent communication skills to explain technical specifics to peers and clients.
- Writing skills for preparing manuals, parts lists, proposals, and design documentation
- Ability to supervise technicians.
- Self-motivation to keep up with current electrical advances using new technologies.
- Time-management skills for meeting deadlines.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong problem-solving abilities.
Education and Experience
A bachelor’s degree with major coursework in Electrical Engineering, Electrical Engineering Technology or a related field of study with 5 years of professional experience.