- Health Insurance
- Paid holidays
- PTO accrual – 1st year up to 80 hours. Rollover unused hours / no use-it or lose-it.
- Beginning of each year: 2 floating holidays (request/use anytime) and 1 volunteer day (as per volunteer program).
- Bi weekly pay / direct deposit.
- 401k company match – 50% of the first 6% of employee contribution
Pay: $85,000- $100,000
Location: Largo, Fl. On-site
The Electrical Design Engineer is responsible for the research and design of new products and the improvement of existing products to meet customers needs and improve the company’s competitive edge in the industry.
- Researches, develops and designs new and innovative products to meet customers’ needs and emerging market trends.
- Modifies existing designs to improve product features, quality or manufacturability.
- Designs components using computer-based tools or by hand and create specification documents for each product.
- Analyzes designs using internal tools and ensures each design meets the required specifications.
- Conducts research, collects and analyzes product data on market demand of specific functions or competitor products and features.
- Researches and evaluates components used in designs for cost efficiency and reliability.
- Develops and conducts product performance experiments.
- Analyzes test results and recommends appropriate design changes.
- Investigates alternative manufacturing processes during the design cycle and implements as needed to improve manufacturing efficiencies.
- Works with Manufacturing and Quality Control teams to help ensure that finished products meet the original design specifications.
- Supports Manufacturing with process improvements and assists in the training of new product and assembly procedures.
- Creates prototypes and assists in the development of test sets and fixtures for manufacturing.
- Supports Marketing and Sales with technical information to be used for training and marketing.
- Helps resolve highly technical issues with customers, when needed.
- Develops and maintains an in-house design history database program for all new and current products.
- Develops and maintains design processes and procedures to hold the organization compliant in all workmanship, quality and industry performance standards.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or other related technical field.
- Three (3) to five (5) years experience in product design; experience with electrical products.
- Design capabilities including PCB, BOM, test plan, test fixturing, test program/software, DFM/ cost reduction.