USA Staffing Solutions is a technology-driven company with a passion for helping people. We use speed, technology, and grit to connect quality candidates to quality companies.
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance Policy
- 401k Retirement Plan
- Career Growth Plan
Job Type: Direct Hire
Pay: $100,000-$150,000 per year + benefits
Location: Altoona, PA
Responsible for developing, implementing and administering all facets of the Human Resources and Benefits functions for the Company. Serves as a resource to managers, supervisors, and employees
- Directs activity related to recruitment and retention of employees at all locations. Ensures that employee practices, including applications, interviews, and appropriate pre-employment inquiries are conducted in accordance with government regulations and in a manner consistent with the best interests of the Company.
- Maintains job descriptions and classifications for the Company. Makes recommendations to the owners as required.
- Assists in administration of Management/Incentive Compensation Plan for Managers and sales people.
- Coordinates Performance Appraisal process. Communicates to and advises evaluators of their responsibilities in a timely fashion.
- Oversees and participates in development of personnel policies for the Company. Ensures that all managers and supervisors understand policy requirements and conduct employee relations activities in a manner that protects the Company’s interests, within legal guidelines, and so as to enhance positive employee relations objectives.
- Responsible for employee communications. Advises owners regarding impact of policy changes. Effectively communicates pertinent HR related information to employees throughout the Company as required.
- Effectively interacts with legal counsel, consultants, benefit administrators and other service providers as needed to protect the Company’s business interests.
- Works with owners to monitor the Company’s various employee benefit programs by evaluating costs, studying renewal options, and recommending changes and/or improvements as appropriate.
- ???????Establishes and maintains HR Information System and record retention methods. Serves as central source for all data related to specific employees and the general personnel function. Interacts with all supervisors and general employees regarding the accurate collection and recording of basic personnel information.
- Contributes to supervisory skill development on employee related matters by providing or arranging for management training and workshops as required
- Serves as point of contact with all outside resources and entities, including any government agency or representative, on inquiries regarding current and/or former employees. Responsible for all unemployment compensation and reporting.
- Works with supervisors and employees to resolve issues that arise in the workplace related to the employer-employee relationship. Handles problems and inquiries promptly and equitably.
- Represents the company as the Equal Employment Opportunity officer to assure compliance at all locations.
- Establishes and implements activities to enhance employee relations and morale, including various employee recognition programs, gatherings, and similar events as required.
- Participates in monthly Safety committee meetings.
- Oversees the company wellness program and works with outside resources and third party program provider to ensure the effectiveness of the program. Communicates the importance and value of wellness participation.
- Conducts all activity in a manner that reflects positively on the community image of the Company. Participates in community activities, as required. Establishes and maintains effective relationships with individuals both inside and outside the Company.
Experience with self funded healthcare and pharmacy benefits plans is preferred.
Training & Experience:
Minimum bachelor degree in Human Resources preferred. Additional continuous training in Human Resources topics and general management skills. Administrative and/or supervisory experience in a human resources context. Knowledge of personal computer operations and HRIS related software. SHRM or PHR certification required.