This position partners with key stakeholders to lead improvement efforts, coaches and mentors team members through training, event facilitation, action plan follow up, project completion and results documentation. They will act as a key change agent for transformation through the implementation and application of lean/six sigma methodology and practices across all functions.
- The Continuous Improvement Engineer will serve as a technical subject matter expert on lean/6sigma tools and their applications, while pursuing expertise in organizational development as it pertains to implementing a strong, long-lasting, lean/6sigma continuous improvement culture.
- Leads implementation of SQDIP metrics, Bottleneck analysis and Inventory Accuracy initiatives across the plant floor and front office teams.
- Leads Kaizen events on the plant floor to implement 6S, TPM, Inventory Management and SMED
- Works with site leadership to synchronize and prioritize improvement activity.
- Identify improvement areas/gaps utilizing lean tools including value stream mapping of key business processes and lead improvement plans.
- Drive change with inefficient transactional processes within the primary value streams.
- Drive changes in process & mindset around how we organize work and deliver functionality for customers, maintaining customer-focused processes towards Aftermarket/Spare Parts value stream.
- Drive improvements in design for manufacturing and value engineering with close relationship with the Engineering and Manufacturing departments.
- Bachelor's degree in Related Discipline
- 3+ years experience in CI
- Experience implementing Lean initiatives on production floor and customer facing teams
- Experience managing large projects with multiple stakeholders
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Develops staff and programs
- Empowering employees to reach their full potential
- Demonstrates ownership and entrepreneurial behavior
- Innovative mindset, always looking at improving our processes
- Highly organized and efficient in approaching tasks
- Independent self-starter with ability to problem solve and anticipate and avoid issues
- Strong team player, work ethic and commitment to win
- Customer-focused with the ability to coach and mentor
- Lean-Six Sigma Green Belt or Black Belt
- Experience with Auto CAD/Solid Works