Join our Civil/Site team and build your career alongside the best our industry has to offer. Whether facilitating a large warehousing complex, all-star sporting arena, residential development, or planning a mixed-use establishment in a downtown business district, joining will accelerate YOUR success!
- company paid medical, dental, and vision coverage
- paid pregnancy disability leave
- short- and long-term disability insurance
- life insurance
- a company-matched 401(k)/Roth
- paid time off that includes parental and military leave
- employee referral and professional license bonuses
- a straight time policy that compensates exempt employees for billable hours worked in excess of 40 billable hours within a work week.
Location: Pittsburgh, PA.
- Convert base map information and designs into AutoCAD following company standards.
- Download and translate online GIS data and other available mapping from different websites for use when developing conceptual plans.
- Perform design, drafting, and project-related tasks on assigned projects.
- Assist in the set-up and drafting of a project site by analyzing the appropriate scales, drawing details, notes, and other input materials to determine the best approach for plan sheet viewports.
- Draft detailed sketches and other design items in AutoCAD as well as items necessary for plans, profiles, and section drawings. Coordinate details and dimensions between drawing sheets.
- Conform to the company’s standard AutoCAD procedures for layering, details, etc.
- Review municipal ordinances to determine design criteria.
- Generate Highway Occupancy Permit (HOP) plans.
- Produce construction drawings, plans, and cost estimates.
- Plot and assemble various civil engineering plan sets.
- Provide drafting support to more senior staff.
- Perform other related duties as assigned. Address assignments of increased difficulty as proficiency is increased.
- High School Diploma/Equivalent; Associates Degree; and/or a Certificate from a Technical School, preferably in AutoCAD Civil 3D
- Proficiency in AutoCAD Civil 3D, required
- 2-4+ years of related experience
- Experience in site/civil, land development, and/or municipal engineering drafting, preferred
- Ability to interact well with coworkers, clients, and regulatory agencies
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment